In this blog post, we'll explore the common mistakes people make when using claw clips and provide a step-by-step tutorial on how to use them in various hairstyles for different hair types.
Choosing the Right Claw Clip for Your Hair Type
You may feel like you are using a claw clip wrong, however it is most likely because you haven't found the right one for your hair type. Here's a quick guide to help you choose the right one:
- For Long Hair: Look for claw clips with long teeth. These clips provide the extra length needed to secure longer strands, preventing them from slipping out.
- For Thick Hair: Opt for claw clips with a wide grasp. These clips can accommodate a larger volume of hair, ensuring a secure hold without straining the clip or causing discomfort.
- For Fine Hair: Choose claw clips with overlapping teeth. These clips are designed to trap every strand of fine hair, providing a strong hold without any slipping or escaping.
How to do an updo with a claw clip?
- Begin by collecting all of your hair at the nape of your neck and start twisting.
- Position the twist upwards, ensuring it lies flat against the back of your head. Take your claw clip and secure it onto this twist. You have the option to either create a ponytail effect, leaving the top section of your hair free from the claw, or elegantly fold the ends into the twist before securing the hair claw.
- Allow a few loose strands to frame your face for a soft and elegant look.
How to do a half updo hairstyle?
- Divide your hair into two sections horizontally.
- Take the upper section and secure it with a claw clip at the back of your head.
- Let the lower section flow freely for a chic half-up, half-down style.
How do you put your hair in a messy bun with a claw clip?
- Gather your hair into a high or low ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail into a bun and secure it with a claw clip.
- Pull out a few strands to create a messy, effortless look.
How do you French twist with a claw clip?
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail, slightly to one side.
- Twist the ponytail upwards and tuck it into the claw clip, securing it against the back of your head.
- Leave a few face-framing strands for a sophisticated finish.
Once you've found the perfect claw clip for your hair type, you'll be amazed at how effortlessly it can elevate your hairstyles, providing a secure hold and a touch of elegance to your everyday looks.