Claw Clips – No longer just that iconic 90s hair accessory
Do you remember the butterfly hair clips favoured by Rachel from Friends in the 1990s? Well, they've made a comeback! Spotted the once humble butterfly clamp on the catwalk earlier this year at London and New York fashion weeks. Now we are seeing lots of our favourite stylish celebs sporting this classic hairpiece with a modern twist.
This simple hair accessory has been transformed from something you used to quickly clip your hair back with, into one of this season’s hottest hair trends.
The claw clip is still a firm favourite because of its ease at pulling hair into a casual speedy up-do. However, these claw clips are also the latest way to transform your hairstyle.
Our Top 5 Claw Clip Styles!
Hair Claws can be dressed up or dressed down beautifully, and here are some of our favourite ways to wear this classic hair accessory:
1. French Twist – the French Twist has had a revival! Either use your claw clip to create an elegant look or leave some strands loose for a more casual twist.
2. Half Up-Do – No matter how messy your hair is, just grab your butterfly hair clamp and pin half your half up in a half-updo.
3. Messy Low Bun – Twist your hair into a low bun and wear the butterfly clamp on the outer side of the bun.
4. Ponytail - use hair claws to create chic ponytails, a heathier option for your hair than hair elastics.
5. Messy Up-Do – You can have fun with this hairstyle, but why not try this: Part your hair into two halves and brush each half backwards from the crown section and secure with two tiny claw clips.
Our premium Ooh La La! range of handmade luxury hair claws are perfect for when you want a stylish look. Because they’re made from a premium cellulose acetate material, they’ll outlast cheaper plastic alternatives. You’ll still be wearing them in years to come!